If you're experiencing gambling harm contact gambling helpline on 0800 654 655
There are four national services funded by the Ministry of Health, each are required to guide and support the work of all preventing and minimising gambling harm services. These include:
- Te Kakano – public health workforce training
- Abacus – clinical workforce training
- National Coordination Service – national coordination of services and sector forums
- Health Promotion Agency (Minimising Gambling Harm Team) – national education and awareness programme
The National PMGH Advisory Group is being brought together to provide advice, guidance and direction to the service provider infrastructure services; The National Coordination Service, Te Kakano – Public Health Workforce development service, Abacus – Intervention Workforce development service, and the Health Promotion Agency – Choice Not Chance. Other areas for consideration, may also include:
- Workforce development issues and priorities
- Content, design and delivery of the training forums.
- Education and awareness programme messaging and activities.
Current Advisory Group Members
Workforce Development & Training